Sunday 4 December 2011

Week 74

Ok, now my translator is on the fritz. I wanted to record some things but I'm afraid to. I thought I lost all of my files, which would have been huge bummer. Most of it is replaceable, but somethings, like my audio journals, or my journals that I used to keep in korean on there would have been lost. BUt when I plug my translator into the computer, all my files are still there, so I back em up on my SD card. Don't know why it's not able to read the multimedia folder, but nothing other than the usual functions of my translator are showing up. I can record new things, but there is a risk I could be recording over data I want, or that it would not be able to be saved later when I retrieve my other files. Anyway... sorry. Looks like I have to type my thoughts this time... what a drag. haha

Ok, so I got to go on exchanges this week with an Elder Wilcox. He is well known throughout the mission because his family ended up moving to Seoul Korea while he's been on his mission. His dad served his mission here as well, and his job brought him out to korea due to his Korean abilities. So since his parents live in Seoul, a lot of missionaries have gotten to eat with his family, and have seen and been in his new house before he gets to. It's a weird thing to tell another missionary that "I've been in your bedroom... but you haven't."  HIs parents are amazing, and since I'm covering the English branch, I get to see them every week. In fact, his older sister is in town and I  got to meet Elder Wilcox's little nephew.... again, before Elder Wilcox has had a chance to yet.

He thought he'd never get to serve right in Seoul. He's been put on the outskirts up until this point. He's literally one subway stop away from his family now. Luckily he and his parents are both keeping their distance. The one accidental meeting they had at the temple was apparently so weird that they all avoid each other like the plague.

Ok, that's alot of backstory, but I just had to tell it. He's such a great missionary. He was apart of that first group of missionaries that I trained, and his trainer was a good friend of mine in the mish. So we've both been looking forward to going on splits. We had an awesome miracle too. There's an investigator Elder Frei and I have been teaching. She feeds us at her restaurant every week, but lately it's been really hard to get into the lessons at the restaurant, whether there's anyone there or not. So we went in with the plan to get her to take of the church sometime next week. She agreed to it, and said that she had actually passed by the church that past week. After we finished eating, she said, "So can I see the church now?" "Right now?" I asked. "Yeah, there won't be anyone here till dinner time. I wanna see your Church." Elder Wilcox and I looked at each other and said....."OK!"

It was amazing. She had questions for every single painting on the walls, every little banner or poster, we got to teach her so much. Best of all though, was the Spirit could be felt. She was really impressed with the church, and with the church organization. The church building we have in this area really is ridiculous, it's 4 stories tall!

The rest of the week went great. We got to go with our American investigator, Steve, to Body Worlds. Those plastinated human bodies, that are in everyday positions. It was pretty crazy stuff. And afterwards he took us to a all you can eat steak buffet on base. it was one of the funnest days I've had on my mission so far. I've got a few pics I'll have to send as well! Ok, I'll tell you more about it, too much happened that day. haha

Ok, love you all. Take care. And seriously... Thanksgiving pics, I wanna see em.

-Elder Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment