Thursday 15 September 2011

Week 62

Hey. How did you all celebrate Mom's B-day?!!! Did you eat Italian? Anyway, I just finished a long holiday here, that's why I'm emailing late. "Chew-suck" (the Thanksgiving of Korea), fell on a Monday this year so I didn't get a full crazy week of p-days like last year, but I still had a couple solid days of rest. They also just had one hour of church this past Sunday, because people travel up to 9 hours to visit their hometowns to be with their families. I was surprised how much of the ward came out.

Our fridge is overflowing with food now thanks to the members in the wards our house serves in. I've also gotten to snack-it-up on some of my favorite American candies. I finally got Mom and Ka-el's package. Thanks so much for everything. (side note, I can get baking soda and power out here so no worries next time). I'm gonna be baking up some more banana bread, and I forgot what real brown sugar looked like.

The rain stopped last week, and it made my allergies go crazy. Yesterday during our "chew-suck" conference I was hocked up on all sorts of medication. I got to perform a couple of songs for the conference, one I wrote and a rendition of "How Great thou art", which I played with Elder Dorius.  Elder Dorius and I have been in the same district 5 out of the last 6 transfers. Way fun Elder, and waaay good at piano.

At the chew-suck conference, my trainer gave his farewell talk. He'll be leaving at the end of this transfer. The Sisters I was in the MTC with gave their farewell talks the day before. I was really bummed I didn't get to see them speak. It's kind of strange that they'll be going home. It starts off the countdown in my head, but I'll try to ignore it.

Elder Warren and I are having a blast. He keeps telling me I need to go to the hospital for my allergies, but the last time I got allergy medicine in Korea it knocked me out for hours at a time. I just don't know if I can put myself outta commission like that again.

I'm also still crazy allergic to mosquito bites. I got bit 6 times on the face two nights ago, and 7 times around the neck. We stayed in another area's house and we all got eaten alive. Luckily our house doesn't get mosquitoes.

Our ward has their ward conference coming up, and we're having a musical conference the day before, so we have been preparing for that. The last thing we're gonna do is "Hey Jude". We had a little rehearsal last Saturday for our bishopric. The First Counselor hadn't heard me play before, and I think he was half worried about what we were gonna do. But he was really excited after we showed him what we've been working on, and he even talked about it in church the next day. "You gotta hear these Elders. I was blown away." Elder Warren will be performing a rap to me playing Ben Kweller, and I'll be doing some Travis.  Really excited, we got some less-actives involved as well, so it's really good.

Thanks again for all the goodies. I'm ready to send out Mom's and Issa's gifts. I' not as on the ball as James was about hitting those b-days. I hope you all had a good time. Mom and Dad, gimme some updates on what you've been up to. Love you all.

-Elder Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment