Sunday 18 September 2011

Week 63

Summer never came, and it's already over. We got really lucky this year. It became pretty cold last night, and we're all wearing jackets today. This time last year it was still boiling hot. My allergies are still going crazy though, and I've been taking Benadryl the last couple of days so I knock out pretty quick at night. Apparently I started humming in my sleep again now that I'm taking meds. I guess that means I'm finally getting some deep sleep.

We had our musical conference  this past Saturday. I have a bunch of videos and stuff but I have no idea how to send 'em. I am terrible with computers, and everything is in Korean so I'm even more useless when it comes to that kinda stuff.

We found a whole new set of investigators this week. It's been a long wait, and a lot of hard work finding, but we finally found some people open to learn. I've never not had people to teach up until I came to this area. Our whole zone has been having a rough time in that aspect of the work. But we are really starting to work together, and seeing a lot of miracles. Sometimes the situation you're given isn't always the best, but as long as you choose to push forward, and do all you can to progress and improve the talents and gifts that God has given you, you will be blessed.

I'm just really grateful for my companion, and getting to work with someone who really wants to help the people. Last transfer was a bit of a struggle, but I learned a lot from it. It's amazing to see how much a mission can refine you. It's funny to see yourself develop attributes and skills that you never knew you needed. I can see myself developing patience, and understanding that should definitely come in handy down the road, in work, marriage, and family life. I've never had to multitask this much in my life. Moms are the best at that, though. Maybe that's why Sister missionaries do so well.

Anyway, I'll try to get some pics your way. Take care. Love you all.

-Elder Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment