Wednesday 26 May 2010

Week 5

Dear Family,

Thanks to the awesome Photo album, (and care package filled with all sorts of goodies that James and Hill sent me), I've been able to see your faces for the first time in over a month. The general consensus from sharing the photo album with my zone has been:

I look EXACTLY like Dad, apparently I jump really high, my brothers are built and have beautiful wives, Mom looks 20 years younger than she is, and they all want to date my Sister and drive Dad's car and James' scooter.

Another couple of things I've gotten after they see all the Time Again pics were, "...after all that, you're out here, that's amazing." A lot of the Elders admit that if they were in the position I was, they probably wouldn't have been able to give it up and come on a mission. I assure them that it was a much easier decision than they think (albeit a late one.) I honestly think that what some of these other Elders had given up would be a lot harder.

One of the Elders, Elder Eisenhower, was the quarterback for Cornell. He gave that up and his scholarship to come on a mission. He still thinks being in a band "is waaaaay cooler." I'm not sure about that. (Side note; he sounds JUST LIKE Peyton Manning, and I've had him say things like "Come join Me and my Brother Eli in the Double Stuft Oreo League...." I'm the only one who laughs)

There is absolutely nothing else I'd rather be doing than preparing myself to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

At times, looking back at my life before hand, and I feel bad that I took for granted some of the simple truths that we have through the restored gospel -- The fullness and clarification that The Book Of Mormon offers. How much comfort do we have in our lives to know exactly where we came from, why we're here on earth, and what our Heavenly Father has planned for us after this life. We have the answers, the understanding, and the testimonies that people spend a lifetime trying to find and figure out. Don't take it for granted, and don't keep it to yourselves.

Like I said last week, we'll be getting in 34 new missionaries in our Zone that me and my companion have to welcome in as our calling as Zone leaders. But here's the kicker... apparently all 34 new missionaries are ELDERS! Having to keep a companion in line is work enough, but keeping 17 new companionships of 19-21 Elders, on top of the 7 we already have will be........... quite the blessing :) As hard as it may be, I know God has prepared a way for us to help build and uplift these new Elders.

Thanks again for all the sugary love, and the letters. Keep on sending them.

No comments:

Post a Comment