Sunday 20 February 2011

Week 33

Ok, weird thing happening. Remember that guy I told you about last week, the one who randomly showed up after church? Well, he came yesterday, and ended up being nice, but a little (for lack of a better word) weird. Buuuut, he's going through some tough times, and we had to refer him to our Branch Presidency who had to handle it from there. They gave him some counseling and are gonna help him through some things. So, as I said ...weird thing happen-ing... why the i-n-g? He's sitting two feet away from me as I write this email at the community center. ME and my companions are usually the only names on the sign up list for weeks. But we show up today, and he's sitting write there. "Kim Chang Myeong! What are  you doing here?" He was more than a little freaked out, but pleasantly surprised.

So this week, the weather was finally good enough where we could really be out doing work all day long. So we were able to find lots of new people. We talk to a lot of people everyday, and as you can guess a lot of them aren't interested, and it only goes a few sentences back and forth before a contact ends. But on Friday morning, we get a call from an unknown number and the person asks, "This is the missionaries right? You talked to me and my friends yesterday. So what's this Book of Mormon all about?" Kwon Soong Sun is his name, and he came to church yesterday, after a lot of back and forth texting, and a canceled appointment. The Lord is preparing people, and is literally putting them into our paths, or on our computers... where I always sit. Anyway...

People have been sending me updates! Thank you so much. Sorry to hear Brandon Knight twisted his ankle. Give him my best, and tell him Icy Hot works wonders. How? It goes on icy to dull the pain, and becomes hot to relax it away... it's science. Let Ryan know that I would like him to send me some ice from Alaska, and just to make sure it doesn't melt, he may need to overnight it.

I don't have too much else to talk about, mainly because there is TOO much stuff to talk about, and I just can't choose other stories to tell. I was able to see a broadcast of Elder Quentin L. Cook speaking to the members in Seoul, it was really funny, and he told some great stories about being grateful, and expressing that thanks as soon as you receive those blessings. It was great, because that is exactly what my companion and I did that morning, when that man randomly called us. We should always express thanks to our Heavenly Father as soon as we can. As well as to those around us.

I'd like to thank you Mom and Dad for raising me in this Gospel, and preparing me my whole life for this mission. Thank you for opening the doors to the missionaries all those years ago. Thank you, Free and Ka-El, for being amazing examples to me. Everything I do, is just me following in your foot steps, or out of the sheer fact that I would get to hang out with you more. Thank you Issa for your support, and for being more grown up and mature than me. Seriously. You're the best little sister anyone could ask for.


-Elder Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment