Tuesday 24 January 2012

Week 81

Star Wars Phantom Menace in 3D... I don't think I needed it in 2D. Who knows, maybe seeing Jar Jar Binks in another dimension will help me realize why he was in that movie. How many people will get hurt in theaters across America as they try to reach out and strangle him?

Ok, with that GT moment out of the way, thanks for all the updates. It's been a while since that many people have updated me on the haps. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Ryan has some crazy pics of 25 feet of snow. I've been really lucky this year. This past summer and winter have been so mild compared to the first ones I had in country. With that said, we had a freak snow storm last night. lol. Still not as bad as last year, this is the most snow I've seen this winter, and it's not bad at all.

The Lunar new year was a blast. We got a baptismal date set for next month with a way prepared investigator. We went hiking with him and his girlfriend yesterday. Elder Frei and his comp got to come along as well. We went to the top of NamSan mountain, and got some way sweet pics. They have thousands of "locks-of-love" up there, with people literally locking heart messages to the guard rails and tossing the keys off the side of the mountain.Cool stuff.

I found a Filipino market on the way to our member's house yesterday, and picked up some tocino marinade. I asked for Sarsi but they didn't have it. I just realized that the Mama Sita seasoning mom sent and that I bought is made by Teresita "Mama Sita" Reyes. Super funny. I still need to get some pork to utilize that liquid smoke you sent.

We've been meeting with a lot of English Branch members, and it is so awkward to pray in English. I'll say things and realize seconds later that it made absolutely no sense in English. I don't know what it is. Obviously I speak English with my companion, and in my personal prayers. But you'll definitely have to bear with me when I get back home. Speaking of other Reyes connections. We had dinner with a family and one of the daughters friends saw my name tag and freaked out because her mom is a Reyes, she has family in Cali too. I'm sure there's some far relation. She looked like a half-white Issa. lol. Should've taken a pic.

We've been insanely busy, and they'll be sending two more elders to our area to help with the load next month. It's been a ton of fun.

I miss you all, and you are in my prayers!!!

-Elder Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment